Posted by Gretta on 7 October 2010 | 1 Comments | Tags: Ireland
Well the time has come to say goodbye to my devoted readers & depart the Irish holy land. The past 2 weeks have gone in a flash (most likely due to my high Guinness consumption) and I am officially off tour. I am off to London to take part in my other boyfriend's 365-day polo challenge - kidding. [Gretta survived London, just, and is now back at work in Wellington].
Ireland has been an absolute blast & I want to thank all the people who have made my time here so memorable - there are too many to name but you know who you are! I shall happily leave the boys too it as I am exhausted, but I must say that I am grateful to them that they let a 'girl' join them on tour, albeit only for a few weeks.
I hope to keep in touch with all of my new friends down the track. It was superb to have a wee taster of this challenge and to finally understand what it is that Michael does everyday (& more importantly why). A huge thanks to both our families for making this possible.
I have decided to leave you with...(aside from my fantastic old head video)... Gretta's top 10 things to do in Ireland aside from play golf! In no particular order:
1. Visit Kinsale & stroll around the waterfront
2. Go and sleep in the wonderful beds at Carton House
3. Eat tapas & drink red wine at The Port House, Dublin
4. Listen to some live Irish music in Kilkenny
5. Take a horse & cart from the Guinness Factory into Dublin
6. Listen to the street buskers in Temple Bar, Dublin
7. Go to the Dawson Lounge & watch the barman design a shamrock on the froth of your pint
8. If you are allowed, take a walk around Old Head
9. Visit the O'Connell memorial church (no relation..)
10. Befriend as many Irish people as you can, they are one of a kind!
...and visit Jay at Waterville House and listen to Mick silencing the local bar with his Irish folk songs.
Take care all, I am off to greener pastures (somehow i doubt this is true..) x
Posting comments has been disabled.
12 holes bart cape kidnappers christchurch christmas doak ed bayley hawke's bay heretaunga jane poole napier golf club new zealand puregolf2010 rangiora rarangi gc royal royal wellington the first tee the interislander waiohiki